Monday, October 17, 2011

Frugal Wedding Bridal Shower Gift

It's such a joy to attend showers--baby and/or bridal.  I like to purchase things from the registry of the bride or mom-to-be, then I know I have spent my $$ on something that is really wanted and/or needed.  Many brides nowadays register at Bed, Bath and Beyond.  When I receive these coupons in the mail, see them in the newspaper or Entertainment Club books, I cut them out and save them in a ziplock bag.



The BB&B store near us accepts as many coupons as you have with you whether the expiration date has passed or not.  A huge bonus is the FREE gift wrapping they do for you at the store when something from the bridal registry is purchased, complete with a little gift tag.

In addition to the wrapped gift, I take a white doily and make it into an envelope.  I fill it with a dozen or so of these BB&B coupons for the bride to use, saving them LOTS of $$ when they shop after the wedding.   Here is a quick tutorial .  I use staples and/or glue to seal the envelope or dress it up with a pretty sticker to close.  It's very simple to make and looks pretty on the wrapped gift.

This little add-on to the gift is always a surprise to receive and is a "traditional" item for me to give.

SHARING:  Sometimes when I am at the cash register at BB&B, there is someone in front or behind me that forgot their coupons.  You should see their smiles when I give them one of mine!  So, don't toss those coupons.  Bless someone with them.

TIP:  The $5 off coupon is only valid on purchases of $15 or more and that's for the entire purchase, not just the cost of one item.


...Who then is the faithful and sensible steward...?
Luke 12:42

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...