Saturday, October 23, 2010

EPCOT Food & Wine Festival Disney World / Happy Birthday

My birthday was yesterday with the whole family together last night.  Flowers, sweet cards (I love the mushy ones the best)  :) :) :), gifts, dinner and a fun Scrabble game made my day special.   A friend had taken me to lunch on Wednesday (a little early).

My husband started my birthday early with this beautiful card and lovely flowers waiting for me when I woke up.


Then he brought in a large bag from my favorite clothing store...  I loved everything he picked out!  :)


My friend Virginia brought these  delicious raspberry Bliss chocolates to me before our morning walk.  :)



While on our walk in the neighborhood Virginia and I stopped at a fantastic yard sale where I bought several items for gifts and to resell and this Thomas Kinkade Spring Gate print for us.  I have always wanted one of these since I really enjoy his artwork but they are generally very pricey.  Yard Sale Cost:  $3.00!!!    It was beautifully framed and when I got it home, turned it over to find the Certificate of Authenticity.   It is now hanging in our dining room with a complementary print that I also bought that morning.  :) :)



More cards in the mail plus my sons made me two as well (we always make cards for each other)....


I even got 50 Swagbucks in my email this morning! I didn't even know they did that. :)
We all had dinner together (my kids don't like meal photos as much as I do, so just the table setting is here and a photo from last week together). They did all the dishes for me afterwards and then we talked and  laughed and played Scrabble before my college son drove back to his house.



It was fun and heartwarming to read all the notes on my Facebook wall during the day, too. :)

Today my husband and I spent the day at EPCOT / Walt Disney World with some friends and had lunch in France (Les Chefs de France).   It was an absolutely gorgeous day in Florida.  Hope you don't get tired of Epcot photos because here are some more... hope you enjoy them!  :)












These two are from Soarin' at The Land.  I just wanted to see how the pictures would turn out.







And if all this weren't enough, on Tuesday my whole family is  taking me to Universal Studios for the day so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter  (another barter). It will be my first time at Universal Studios. AND my younger son is taking me to the premiere of the next Harry Potter movie in a few weeks.  :)   I'm SO excited!

Overall, a birthday filled with lots of love... :)

The Lord decided to bless me once more tonight with a new tenant for our rental house.  The current ones move out Oct. 31 and the new ones move in on November 13 making this an especially Happy Birthday.  :)



2 comments:

Patty said...

You had a super super birthday! Nice! and who could get tired of EPCOT photos? They are always interesting.

Linda said...

I love seeing how you were showered with love! The Epcot pictures are really good...miss being able to just jump in the car and head out to the amazing places you have at your fingertips in Orlando!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...