Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ebay Sale COACH Black Flats

Friends often ask how I'm doing with my Ebay store.  Here's an update...


I bought these black flats by Coach two weeks ago at a yard sale for $25.00  and listed them on Ebay.   I photographed them on a neon green background to stand out from the rest especially since I had paid so much for them.   I don't normally spend more than a few dollars on my inventory but I was sure that authentic Coach would recoup my investment.  I started the bidding at $49.99.  See what they sold for HERE.  At least I doubled the amount I paid for them :)



I scoped out a church rummage sale  and a neighborhood sale near our home on Saturday morning and  bought a LOT of about 10 pins including this interesting slide rule tie tack for about $1.00.  I didn't realize the tie tack was sterling until I got it home.  See what it sold for HERE.



I like buying several small things and listing them individually...easier to pack and ship and generally very inexpensive initially.  Even the listing fee was only 10 cents each (.99 starting bid).

This pretty Mary Kay pin was in the same lot.


I'll update when they sell to see their final prices. :)

Selling on Ebay is easy but there is a learning curve.  Give yourself time to practice. Set aside a certain $ amount to play with.  Two years ago I took $100 out of savings and started my store.  I replaced the $100 within the first couple of weeks and the store has been self-sustaining ever since even with Ebay's fee increases.  Granted, I did all this over the SUMMER MONTHS so I'd have plenty of time to work on it.   

Blog "how-to's" are at THIS LINK. There's no reason that anyone can't have a small home business...I have taught my children how to sell on Ebay and even though one is too young to "technically" have a store, he is certainly able to sell a few things here and there.  Both of my sons have purchased items and made money selling on Ebay and/or Amazon.com.




1Thessalonians 4:11-12 
...make it your ambition to lead a quiet life 
and attend to your own business 
and work with your hands, 
just as we commanded you, 
so that you will behave properly toward outsiders 
and not be in any need. 


1 comment:

Linda said...

Displaying them on that neon green background was a great marketing stategy and you have already doubled your investment...congrats!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...