Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recipes for Harry Potter's BUTTERBEER

We were at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter yesterday and had butterbeer for the first time.    You know, the beverage served in several of the HP books and movies that the HP kids all drink when they go to  Hogsmeade.    I think we all expected it to be pretty average because of all the hype, but I have to say that it really was delicious.   It tastes like a cold, buttery,  creamy sort of soda with a froth on top.  Not too carbonated, not too sweet.    Before we left for the day, we went back and got one more, something I normally would never do.  



I searched online and found some recipes for it which we're going to try soon.    They vary slightly but the main ingredients seem to be cream soda and butterscotch syrup.  Here are some links with  recipes for you to try, none of which I have tasted:






There's apparently even a cookbook that contains the recipe titled Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.

My blog post tomorrow is about our fantastic day at the WWofHP.  Come back and see our adventure. :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...