Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Finding Balance in Your Life / Focus on the Family

I haven't blogged in a few days...lots to do, so this broadcast was SO appropriate for me today. 




On my way to pick up my 11th grader from his PSAT test this morning I heard this broadcast from Focus on the Family.   Although this ministry is missing Dr. James Dobson these days, I still  subscribe to its podcasts and listen regularly.  

I'm listening to today's broadcast as I type this.  The speaker is Dr. Richard Swenson; The Topic  is Restoring Balance to Your Life.  Here are the links to PART 1, and to PART 2. (I especially like today's broadcast which was Part 2.) Get a cup of coffee, put your feet up, sit back and listen for awhile.  Some humorous scenarios in this two-part broadcast as well...

Some of my notes from  his comments:
  • We have to seek renewal in the everyday events of life.
  • We actually NEED a moderate amount of stress in our lives.
  • Learn to notice your physical symptoms when you have too much stress
  • The Bible doesn't mention Jesus "running" anywhere (like we do)
  • Make time for the Divine appointments. Jesus' ministry was often the person right in front of Him.
  • God does His best work in the face of human limits and weaknesses





Ecclesiastes 3:1  
There is an appointed time for everything. 
And there is a time for every event under heaven — 





No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...