Saturday, June 26, 2010

Half.com Discounted Books Textbooks

Our math teacher for this next school year (and last year as well) required a new 5th edition textbook for my son's Algebra 2  class that begins this fall.   This morning early I sat down to begin the hunt.  At the publisher's site the book and solutions manual totaled about $190 + shipping.     I found the same books, gently  used, at Half.com for $105.88 which includes shipping!  A savings of  $85.00+.  I was VERY happy to find them. They should arrive in the next week or so since they are being shipped media mail.

These prices were even better than on Amazon.com or Ebay, so be sure to check this alternative site (which is owned by Ebay) when shopping for homeschool (or other) books.  Be sure to confirm the ISBN when ordering and watch out for ANNOTATED or TEACHERS EDITIONS which are not allowed by teachers in their classrooms.  

Don't wait too long to order schoolbooks as the ones you really need may be sold out.  I usually try to get this task done before the end of June to begin school in early August.  I have three more books that I need to order so the hunt continues...

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...