Friday, June 25, 2010

FREE Kindle App Your for Mac or PC

This is from The Happy Housewife today and wanted to pass this one on:


You can now read Kindle books on your computer with Amazon's FREE Reading Apps.


I've never seen a 2-part jpeg file before.  


    • From Amazon's website:



      The Best Reading Experience for Your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or BlackBerry

      • Shop the Kindle Store for over 600,000 Kindle books, including 109 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers, starting from $9.99. If you are a non-U.S. customer, book pricing and availability may vary.
      • Read thousands of free books, including popular classics such as The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, and Treasure Island.
      • Get free book samples - read the first chapter for free before you decide to buy.
      • Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
      • Adjust text size to make reading more comfortable.
      • Download and read Kindle books - no Kindle required.
      • Kindle for Android is coming soon 
    I downloaded Amazon's free app for my iPod Touch a few weeks ago but have not loaded it with any books yet.   We are a Mac family so  I was pleased to see that this application is compatible with Macs as well as Windows.  It only took about 2 minutes to download this app onto my laptop computer, which I actually just did as I'm writing this.

    Here is a link for Amazon's FREE Kindle book collection although the prices for other books are reasonable. This is a great way to test it out.  There are LOTS of free books on typical high school reading lists to download in their Popular Classics Section.   I still love the feel of curling up on the sofa with  a book in my hands to read it but there are times (I'm thinking when school begins and I'm carpooling or in libraries waiting for my son to get out of class) that this app may become more useful to me.  Give it a test drive yourself.  I will as well.

    No comments:

    Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

    Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...