Saturday, June 12, 2010

Orlando at 4:00 a.m.

This week my husband went on a business trip to Miami with his team at work.  He didn't want to leave his sports car in the office parking lot and I didn't want to be without a car  for three days so I drove him  to the rendezvous point where the other men were meeting at 5:00 a.m. Normally it's about a 45-60 minute drive so we left at 3:45 a.m. so we wouldn't be late.  I don't usually get up that early, and am never on the road at that time of day, so of course, I took some photos.  :)

We arrived early since hardly anyone else is on the road at that hour either  (only took us 25 minutes) and went into a McDonald's to get coffee and something to eat. I rarely eat at McDonald's and have never been there at 4:15 a.m.  Here's what it looks like:



Have you ever seen a McDonald's THIS spic and span?  The floors were absolutely polished, tables clean, chairs wiped, no spills.  I'm not kidding.   It looked like they were getting ready for a magazine photo shoot.


My night vision is not the best and I don't like interstate driving, especially in the dark,  but it's not so bad when you have the whole highway to yourself. :)  Yes, I did slow down to take these photos. 



Our own street looks a little creepy at night.  I had left the garage light on so I wouldn't come home in total darkness.  


There was just a sliver of a   crescent moon but I never found a good spot to pause and take a photo of it.  That would have been an amazing shot.  When I got home, it was hidden by all  the oak trees.  It looked very much like this, high in the night sky.


When it seems like you're the only one in the world who is awake and you're by yourself, it's nice to know that Someone else is up, too. :)

Psalm 121:1-3  
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come? 
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth. 
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber. 





No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...