Monday, June 28, 2010

FREE Online eBooks at Amazon.com & Elsewhere

I uploaded Kindle for Mac to my laptop and iPod Touch the other day, not sure if I'd actually use it but mainly to try it out.  I had an appointment at the eye doctor on Friday and to my surprise, I DID use it to read part of one of the two books I had downloaded.   I doubt I will keep a whole library on either device, but to occasionally pick up something to read while I'm out and especially waiting for whatever, they will be quite handy.

Here is THE LINK  to Amazon's page which list the following sites for free books.  I don't think you even have to have the Kindle app to read them but can upload them directly to your computer.

Included in the  Free Book Collections:

  • Internet Archive - Over 1.8 million free titles
  • Open Library - Over 1 million free titles
  • Project Gutenberg - Over 30,000 free titles
  • ManyBooks.net - Over 26,000 free titles


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...