Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday / Second Day of Spring Break / An Early Morning Walk / Sunrise Devotions

From my windowsill:
Day 2 of getting back into my morning walks.   My 2x a week walking buddy was sick this morning, so I went by myself and took my camera with me.  She did that once on a walk and I thought I might catch some pretty photos for the blog today.  Actually I got enough for a series of blogs, but today I'll focus on the sunshine. 


The first photo I took was in my front yard facing east as I left at 7:30 a.m.  Just beautiful to see the sun peeking through the trees..



Lamentations 3:22-23 
The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail. 
  They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. 



I took lots of this type but this one was my favorite with the tree limbs framing the sunbeams.






Psalm 121:6-7
        The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night. 
  The LORD will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul. 







Although I love the colors of bright flowers, the different shades of green are quite soothing. Reminds me of the verse:








Psalm 1:3 
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers. 








I'm so glad we live in an older established neighborhood where some of the trees hang over the streets.  Very peaceful.  Time to pray for the day.







Psalm 121:4-5 
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep. 
  The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade on your right hand. 

You don't see many of these fences  in our neighborhood.  A little bit of the country in the suburbs.   :)



These yellow trees--I call them rain trees--look like glimpses of the sun itself.  Even their petals that have  fallen on the ground look pretty.  
Revelation 22:14 
Blessed are those who wash their robes,

so that they may have the right to the tree of life, 

and may enter by the gates into the city. 


I ended up walking for over an hour since it was so nice and quiet and cool outside.  I'll share some of the photos of flowers, sitting areas and flags another time.  Have a great Tuesday.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...