Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Cleaning One Little Step at a Time / Your Refrigerator, Part 2

From my windowsill:




Well, back to the kitchen refrigerator cleaning.  I finished the left side of the refrigerator which is the freezer side yesterday.  Again,


here is the BEFORE  photo.  I have no idea what is in here except what's in front.


The door was actually already organized.


Take everything out and wipe the shelves clean with Windex.
Here's the AFTER  photo.   This part only took about 45 minutes to finish.


Mine is organized like this:
  • baking items like chocolate chips and  pecans on the top shelf
  • smoothie ingredients on the 2nd shelf
  • ice cream and other desserts on the 3rd shelf
  • other small items on the 4th shelf
  • small portions of frozen leftovers or uncooked food in the bottom drawer



Oh, and a big NIX on the software I mentioned yesterday. After  using it for about 45 minutes I deleted it and used Word's Excel program instead. MUCH easier and I can list and alphabetize what I have on hand.  I'm going to like this once I finish and am truly going to be able to shop my frig and pantry.  By doing this I hope to be able to plan meals more efficiently, stock up on what is REALLY needed and have plenty to give away if that is needed as well.



The kitchen pantry is the next step in this project then on to the upright freezer in the laundry room..

2 comments:

susieloulou said...

I'm thinking you must have another freezer? Mine is crammed with tortillas, frozen meat, frozen vegetables, frozen food I've prepared ahead like refried beans, spaghetti sauce, even rolls ...
Yours looks great!

Mrs. T. said...

Yes, I have a standing freezer (that came with the house) in our laundry room.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...