Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday / First day of Spring Break! Cleaning House / Flowers / Ebay

From my windowsill:
Today is the first day of Spring break for my younger son and myself (10th grade homeschool).  First of all, we slept in which was good for catching up on rest but I missed seeing the space shuttle launch.  I must have really been tired because I didn't even feel the house shaking when it went up as other people have told me it did.  The night /early morning launches are the neatest ones to see with the light shining on the clouds. I  really am sorry I missed it.
After a 30-minute morning walk  (today was the first time in 3 weeks!), I paused to check on the flowers I planted last week.  It was nice and cool out so I hung around in the front yard for a little bit touching up here and there.  Here are a few of the flowers by our front door. This beautiful weather is really making them grow already!

Then I did a little bit of house cleaning and the usual laundry.  Then on to bigger projects.  


EBAY
I've been working for an hour or so already on my Ebay store. I went to a thrift store near us on Saturday morning and bought a few things to sell, plus weeding through a closet or two here at home.  Here is my mess on the dining room floor.  It's easiest to spread everything out there.  I just edited the photos and remembered my blog so I'm taking a break for a few minutes to type.
SPRING CLEANING
After lunch with my son who is also enjoying his spring break, I cleaned out the linen closet and put the final bits of fall flowers in the house in storage bins. I replaced the front door arrangement with a spring-ier one which is nice and cheerful.
That's about all for now.  Gotta get back to work!

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...