Monday, April 12, 2010

Miracles C.S. Lewis / Blog Stats Statistics / What's For Dinner?

Instead of a quote from my windowsill, I  wanted to share this one that was in our church bulletin yesterday.  Our pastor's sermon was about the miracle of the blind man at the Pool of  Siloam.

Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story 
which is written across the whole world in letters 
too large for some of us to see.  
==============================================
Stat Counters on Blogs:
I currently use Stat Counter on this blog to see how many (if any) are actually visiting this site and reading it.  I don't have that many people registered as "followers" so I had considered  ending the blog  a few months ago.  I did so and the next day received several comments that people were indeed reading it and to please continue.    I added the Stat Counter suggested by a friend (thanks, Virginia), beginning at the number 0 and today I see that I have 2900 visits to my blog.  

Who would have thought?  I should have realized that many, like me, do not generally register to follow a blog nor do I  generally sign up for RSS feeds..  I bookmark several that I enjoy and visit each occasionally with one or two being visited just about every day.  
The Stat Counter also includes a recent visitor map.  I see that people have visited my blog from Australia, several countries in Europe, the Middle East, North and South America. The  internet is amazing!  Who are these people? If I really want to check, I can determine which city and URL was used, but I'm really not so interested in finding out these details.  I know who a  few might be based on their location, but most of these are total strangers.  I just find this all very interesting. 

Thank you, whoever you are, for reading my blog. I am enjoying writing/ journaling with you.  :)

Have a great day.
===========================================

  • Clam chowder (Progresso, which my family LOVES)
  • Homemade bread
  • Fruit salad
  • Celery sticks with peanut butter

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...