Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pleasure in the Little Simple Things of Life / Spring in Florida / Lilies of the Field

From my windowsill:




I know I did a series on Contentment for the whole month of March.  I love this quote from my windowsill today though.  Sometimes I just leave this one up for a few days to remind myself of what I already have.

So far, I've walked three days this week in the morning and I'm scheduled to go tomorrow with a friend.  Getting up early and walking is not my favorite thing to do but I know it's good for me.  I try to put a little "spoonful of sugar" in things I have to do and taking my camera with me is so much fun.  So many lovely things are all around us if we just take a minute or two, pause and look:











Matthew 6:27-30
“And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 
And why are you worried about clothing? 
Observe how the lilies of the field grow; 
they do not toil nor do they spin,  
yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory 
clothed himself like one of these. 
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, 
which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, 
will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!"

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...