Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye Farewell to a Special Family / Moving Away

First, from my windowsill:




Today is a day of mixed emotions.  It's a beautiful spring day, a time to get outside and enjoy the weather.  The windows are open and the sweet smell of the fresh air is wafting in, birds are chirping--a lovely day in the neighborhood.    It's also a day that we say goodbye to some dear friends in our church who are moving to North Carolina next week.  

This young --30-something--couple  has been with us for about 13 years or so.  We have seen them through the beginning stages of their marriage (the husband was here when he was single), miscarriages,  the birth of two beautiful sons, the sad death of one of them while still very young, career changes, young parenthood, missions ministries and women's ministries.  They have interacted and spent time with so many of the various age groups in our church including both of my sons for which I am grateful.  The Bible verse above is so true for them as their light has certainly shone through the years we have known them.  We have loved them not only for all they do, but for who they have become in the Lord.  
I collect antique lace handkerchiefs which I use regularly and also give as gifts at important stages of life.  As is my custom, I will be giving Abby one of these as one of my  farewell gifts.  I chose this one because it is embroidered with the shape of a cross.   
Goodbyes are always a time for tears so it will probably be needed tomorrow on Easter Sunday as she says goodbye to the rest of our church.   We will be worshipping with our older son at his church tomorrow so we won't get to see them on their last day.  Times like these I am so thankful for email and Facebook to keep in touch with those who are no longer so near and convenient as before.  May God bless them and care for them in their new residence.  Their new friends (unknown as of yet) will be receiving an unbelievable gift.





No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...