Friday, April 30, 2010

Organizing Facing Clothes on Shelves / What's Coming in May

From my windowsill:


This is the last windowsill thought.   How fitting that it is a scripture verse that really applies to every day of the week.  There is another message on the flip side of each but I'll save those for another time.  To my surprise, there are 31 days of these cards.  I never really counted them before doing this blog series.   I hope you enjoyed reading and thinking about them.

For the month of May, beginning tomorrow, I'll be sharing Mothers Day photos and thoughts, and prayers for our children and families. I'll also be reading through a book by Elisabeth Elliot titled Let Me Be A Woman and posting comments on that each day as well as my usual recipes and tips.    If you'd like to read the book with me, I'll be covering two sections (about 4 pages each day).
=================================================
SIMPLE TIP
When organizing your closet as I'm sure all of us do frequently, one "little" thing that really makes a visual difference in how everything looks is the facing of garments.  For example, if you have shelving in your closet as we do for some of your clothes, if they look like this, it looks a bit messy and unkempt.




However, if you fold and face them the same way, it looks like this.  MUCH tidier and pleasing to look at when you open the closet door.   This holds true for towels and linens, too, which really look nice with the various colors.






It makes it easier to see what's on your shelves without rummaging through all the clothes.  I can glance at the edges and know exactly which blouse I'm looking at.  Such a small thing, but it makes your shelves look much neater.  I see I wear a lot of reds and pinks this spring but then I'm a Winter  so that's what looks best.  I'll have to write a blog on colors sometime soon.   :)   


MY BLOG LABELS
Also, my friend Virginia explained to me how to do the Labels which will help since I can't find anything on this blog that was written prior to the name change in April.  I've correctly labeled blogs for this month and will gradually be going back and relabeling the others as I have time.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...