Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nadia Bloom Rescued A Local Miracle

From my windowsill:



What a wonderful verse this is and no better illustrated than by this story today in our local  newspaper of an elementary age girl with mild autism who had been missing for four days and was found:


WINTER SPRINGS -- Almost two hours into a trudge through some of Central Florida's densest swamp, James King announced he had witnessed a miracle:

King had discovered 11-year-old Nadia Bloom on Tuesday, four days after she disappeared in the insect- and snake-infested swampland near her home. She was exhausted and bug-bitten but alive, he said in a recording of the call that was released Tuesday night...Shortly before noon, officials carried Nadia out of the woods in a black sling. Nadia, who has an autism-related disorder called Asperger's syndrome, had on jean shorts and a T-shirt but was not wearing shoes.

Authorities hailed King for finding Nadia.


"God directed me to her," he said, adding he and his family had prayed the night before for her safe return...James King says it was an act of God that led him to find Nadia Bloom in a thick swamp early Tuesday.







"God directed me to her," King said hours after finding the 11-year-girl alive.
A day earlier, the 44-year-old University of Central Florida alum was part of a volunteer search crew that had been unable to find Nadia.
But at first light Tuesday, King, a military contractor, entered the woods armed with two cell phones, his shoes taped to his feet and some food and water to give Nadia if she was found. He prayed, quoted Scripture and looked to God to direct him to Nadia.
Then he called her name repeatedly as he ambled through the woods.
"I knew the Lord wanted me to go back in as soon as it was daylight," King said. "I needed Him to direct my path. I asked Him, would He guide my path?"...


As King and dispatchers tried to figure out how to get them out of the swamp, King fed the hungry and thirsty girl.

"An apple?" he offered.

"Sure an apple! I'd love an apple," Nadia said.

She cheered when King said he had chocolate milk, and said she had faith she would be found.

"I kept saying to over and over to myself that God would probably lead me home," Nadia said.



For more details from the Orlando Sentinel, click here and here.


===========================================

How great is the rejoicing over one who is lost and then is found.






Luke 15:10
“In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence
 of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story! I am sure her parents are rejoicing today!
Toni

susieloulou said...

Nice to see these details - I read the story but didn't find this much!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...