Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sending Children Off or Back to College

Today I hosted a baby shower for a friend.  This was so much fun and a great distraction for me since...






...also today, my 21-year-old moved out to a house with three other young men near his college.  

Home

Packing up


New home away from home

Yes, I cried. But only  for about 5 minutes which is amazing since this time last year I was a wreck for weeks (it was the first time).  See previous blog #1 and #2.   For us, thank the Lord, our son's college is in our area and he lives only about 25 minutes from our home.   Even so, the good-byes are still hard as we are close and I just simply enjoy the company of our son.  We are blessed that he also enjoys time with us as well.  

For all you parents out there sending your "child" off for the first time, especially those whose students are moving far away or out of state, you'll get through this and next year will be better.  I promise.  We raise them to be out on their own one day and this is good training for them to begin that stage of life--making choices, paying bills, making new friends, etc.   It's also good for us moms to begin releasing the young arrows one at a time.  They cannot stay in the quiver forever...but we will always welcome them home no matter how long or brief a time that may be.  :)

Psalm 127:3-5 
Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, 
The fruit of the womb is a reward. 
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth. 
How blessed is the (wo)man whose quiver is full of them... 




No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...