Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Longing for Beauty

Here is #2 in the radio series I mentioned yesterday.  Today's title is Longing for Beauty.





What I think women really need to remind themselves is that Madison Avenue, advertising on television and ads in magazines are for the purpose of making us discontent with ourselves so that we buy stuff.
And part of the lie, too, is that the world is defining for us what beautiful is. So you look at the magazines and the movie stars and whatever, and you say, "Beauty equals," you know, "being this height and weighing nothing and wearing a size zero. And having this kind of face and this kind of youthfulness. If you're 50 years old, you still have to look 20, and you can't and you don't."

How true!

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...