Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homeschool Curriculum and Classes 11th Grade High School

Well, the planning is over and school has begun.  I thought you might like to see what we are doing for 11th grade this year.   Although college and most schools began classes this week, we actually started last Monday, August 16.  I like to plan our school calendar with 1-2 days off each month, one week off in October, November, and March and about three weeks off in December, finishing up the first or second week of May.  To do that, we have to begin a little early but it is SO worth it.  

Courses for this year and most of the books we are using:

Three classes are taught by others; a couple are primarily reading and some is independent study work.  By 11th grade in high school I hopefully have taught my children to be able to work well independently for the most part in preparation for dual enrollment in the senior year and college.  I review the lesson plans, answers to my questions/comments and devotional notes at the end of the week (some things daily) to make sure that everything that needs to be done has been completed.  I read the government and humanities myself to keep current and help with questions if there are any.  I also read any literature that my son is reading if I have not already read it previously.

I like to follow up on the SAT math reviews and help with vocabulary as needed to help him prepare for the SAT which is crucial for college scholarships. A full load this year but I think we're both up to it and ready for the adventure to begin.    :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...