Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gift from a Friend Georgia Peaches

Just a quick photo blog about a special gift.  My favorite fruit is the peach. I was raised in Georgia from about age 4 through age 13.  There was never a shortage of fresh peaches and pecans in our home growing up. We had pecan trees and many nearby had peach trees.  SO delicious!   

A friend of mine was visiting here from Georgia recently.  When we got together I mentioned that I had not found a decent peach here all summer and that I should have asked her to bring me some peaches (she drove down this time).  A day or so after she went back home I received a Fed Ex package. What a surprise to open it up and find a bag of fresh Georgia peaches!  Now THESE are the right size, the right color and smell and definitely the best taste I'd had all summer...







I started grocery shopping at the Wal-Mart SuperCenter near us recently and I must say that they have good tasting peaches, too.  I think the ones above tasted best because they were sent with love from a dear friend who thought of me.  :)  Thank you, Jacque.

Sometimes it's the little things that mean so much...

Galatians 6:10 
So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, 
and especially to those who are of the household of the faith



No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...