Monday, August 2, 2010

Generosity: Baking for Someone Else / Random Act of Kindness

This weekend someone was talking about Random Acts of Kindness.  You know, when you do something for someone out of the blue, just because.  Totally unexpected.  No strings attached.   It's a lift to someone else's spirit and blesses you at the same time.  Like a quiet hug from the Lord.


Last week a young college-age friend posted  on Facebook that she wanted to bake a cake but didn't want to eat it.  (My son said that's against the laws of nature.)  I told her that if no one else wanted it that I'd love to have one.  I was planning on having company over this weekend and a nice homemade dessert would be great.  

We live about 30 minutes apart but I was on that end of town on Friday morning.  We met at a convenient location to pick it up.  What a treat!    Homemade Chocolate Mousse Cake.  Thank you, Amy.  It was absolutely delicious. At least eight people have had some and all enjoyed it.   I think there are 2 pieces left which our family of four will share tonight after supper.  :)  






I baked her a loaf of homemade bread and took it to her on Sunday for her family to enjoy as well.  :)





Galatians 6:10 
So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, 
and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...