Friday, August 13, 2010

Home Repairs Maintenance Damaged Drywall / Christian Business Referral

What a shock to be woken up by my husband on Thursday and find this in our garage!  The drywall had fallen on top of my husband's car.  Thankfully, there appears to be no damage to his car.  We cleaned it off and checked for damage.  He had to leave quickly for work so I was left to close the garage door and sweep the garage out.





The garage door wouldn't close because of this (see photo below).  When the drywall was pulled off of the top (front) of the door this cable had snapped.  


After about 30 minutes I untangled the cable (glad it was not the electrical one!) and closed it manually, swept the garage and got on the phone.  As the Lord would have it, my plans changed this morning--I was supposed to take my mom to the doctor but she didn't need me to today-- which was  a good thing for us.  

I was praying hard that there was no water leaking in through the roof (bad memories from Hurricane Charley!) but did not know what else could have happened.  I called our roofer several times, no answer.  I emailed our handy repair friends who called back quickly and even came over that morning!!   They have done quite a bit of work for us at our rental house but nothing at our home. I have referred to them  in a previous blog post.   I was SO glad to see these angels in disguise. They thoroughly checked everything out and assured me there was no water damage or leaking and even went up into the attic to make sure.   They  fixed the garage door cable right then.  Thanks, Kurt and Bill. 


While here, we walked through our home and I pointed out several things that we want to start touching up / repairing in our home for them to price out for us.  They will be back next week to repair the drywall.   We are seriously considering starting up their monthly maintenance plan as well which as far as I know, is quite a unique service.  

If you live in the Orlando area and need things done around your home or a rental house, be sure to contact them.   Not cheap, but very reasonable and absolutely trustworthy.

More info on this business, All Things Maintenance, at THIS LINK.



No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...