Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21: Contentment / Still Sick / When Friendships Fail Us Sermon

CONTENTMENT SCRIPTURES



Job 10:8-12   ‘Your hands fashioned and made me altogether,
And would You destroy me? 
  Remember now, that You have made me as clay;
And would You turn me into dust again? 
  Did You not pour me out like milk
And curdle me like cheese; 
Clothe me with skin and flesh,
And knit me together with bones and sinews? 
  You have granted me life and lovingkindness;
And Your care has preserved my spirit. 

Eph. 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love

Content To Be Me
I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking. (George MacDonald)


[excerpted from Contentment: A Matter of the Heart 
by Karen Horsey / Karen's Kreations]
======================================
I love that quote by George MacDonald.    It really nips comparing yourself to others in the bud, doesn't it?  I  never realized that he was one of C.S. Lewis' teachers. 

Still a bit sick.  I think it's a combination cold + spring allergies so I don't want to expose everyone at church this morning.  My husband went early so after I dropped my son off, I came home and    listened to my favorite TV pastor--Dr. Charles Stanley.  His sermons are not academically deep but they are theologically simple and practical with a calm presentation that the Word of God is absolutely true.  
Here are the sermon notes from today's message on Friendships:  When Others Fail Us.

It really touched my heart when he closed his sermon with one of my favorite passages:  Isaiah 43:  1-4


Rest and enjoy the day with your friends and family.  I will do the same and hopefully be much better by tomorrow.

1 comment:

susieloulou said...

Oh, I hope you feel well soon!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...