Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14: Contentment / Sunday Rest

CONTENTMENT SCRIPTURES

Matt. 11:28-30“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” 

Contentment is...
...a soul sufficiency, a peace separate from our circumstances...accepting God's sovereign control over life's circumstances.  (Linda Dillow)
,,,essentially a matter of accepting from God's hands what He sends because we know that He is good and therefore it is good.  (J. I. Packer)

[excerpted from Contentment: A Matter of the Heart by Karen Horsey / Karen's Kreations]
=============================================
Not much to add to this... enjoy a day of rest, for your soul and your physical health.  You'll probably need it since we begin Daylight Savings Time today.  It usually takes me a few weeks to adjust to the change.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...