Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2: Contentment and Our Moods

CONTENTMENT SCRIPTURES
Psa. 16:8-9 I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.   Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will dwell securely. 
1Pet. 1:6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials... 
2Cor. 7:6 But God, who comforts the depressed, comforted us by the coming of Titus...

CONTENTMENT vs. HAPPINESS
  • Real contentment defeats discouragement.
  • Artificial happiness covers it up.
  • Genuine contentment is lasting because it is based on God's presence within us.
  • Fake happiness is temporary because it is based on places, activities, circumstances, feelings, possessions and relationships.
[excerpted from Contentment: A Matter of the Heart by Karen Horsey / Karen's Kreations]
==============================================
The beginning of March...spring is in the air.  Here in Florida it's been a few weeks of very cold weather and a fair amount of rain.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a stormy day.  One thing about living here--the weather does change fairly often.  I suppose that could be correlated with the moods of life, sometimes several in a given day. 

As I look back over the month of February  I remember myself as being tense and irritable (jury duty week), sad and compassionate (funerals), fun and cheerful (outings with friends and family) and organized and analytical (doing taxes, cleaning out inventory).  These adjectives could also be said of me occasionally, all on the same day as well.  Most people change their moods depending on their circumstances.  I am trying to re-learn and re-focus on contentment myself to stay on a more even keel.   The  theme of contentment is perfect for me for the month of March as I check myself in my temperament, attitude and words.  Let's journey together and focus on  being women/men of real contentment, rather than artificial happiness.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...