Friday, March 19, 2010

March 19: Contentment / When You're Sick

CONTENTMENT SCRIPTURES





Heb. 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,” 

Ex. 20:17  “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” 

James 3:16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. 

Psa. 107:9 For He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled with what is good. 

True Contentment
Contentment is found in God not in envying the possessions of others. Envy comes when you resent the fact that others have what you do not.  Resentment and envy go hand-in-hand.  John Piper has said, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satified in Him...Sin is what we do when we are not content with God."


[excerpted from Contentment: A Matter of the Heart 
by Karen Horsey / Karen's Kreations]
===================================================
I'm taking a break today and maybe tomorrow, too, although I was planning to attend a mother/daughter tea in the morning. No, I don't have any daughters but I'm taking two 20-something young women with me as my daughters for the day.  :)  Trying to get over a cold today. Low fever (99.8), so I don't think it's the flu.  I have no idea where I got this since I have not noticed anyone sick that I have been around this week unless someone was getting over a cold and didn't speak of it.  

Rest, drink plenty of fluids, hot soup and hot tea, colloidal silver, Vitamin C...that's all I know to do for a cold, so please pray that I feel better soon.  This morning is an improvement over last night but NyQuil does a pretty good job.  I took a hot shower this morning.  For me, if I rest or lie down too long, my  back starts hurting as it is right now.  Need to stretch and maybe get outside for some fresh air later.  Have a great Friday.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...