Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5: Contentment and Your Job

CONTENTMENT SCRIPTURES
Psalm 118:24  This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Matthew 6:34  So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.
I Thessalonians 5: 16-18   Always be joyful. Keep on praying No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to  Christ Jesus.

5 HOLY HABITS OF HIGHLY CONTENTED WOMEN
1.  Never allow yourself to complain about anything--not even the weather.
2.  Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
3.  Never compare your lot with another.
4.  Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5.  Never dwell on tomorrow--remember that is God's, not ours.
(Ella Spee, missionary in Africa for 52 years)


[excerpted from Contentment: A Matter of the Heart by Karen Horsey / Karen's Kreations]
===================================================
During my morning walk today, before I met up with my friend Virginia, I was listening to a Podcast from Crown Ministries radio program Money Matters.  I love that broadcast and save many programs on my iPod to hear later. So many practical tips and ideas for the financial and spiritual aspects of the world in which we live.  The broadcast I was listening to this morning (from February 15)  featured a guest speaker named Susan Whitcomb who is  a career coach and the  author of  The Christian's Career Journey.  I loved what she said about what  a JOB is:  Journey Of Becoming whom God designed you to be.


My current "job" is a mom at home as well as managing an Ebay business and playing and teaching the piano.  I love all three of these simply because they each require gifts that I have developed over the years and therefore, are quite fulfilling for me. I don't have issues with dreaming about being somewhere else or even doing anything else.  Although some may find what I do uninteresting, I am always learning and practicing new things, discovering new ways of helping others and growing on the inside. I would say that I am Becoming...


If you work 8-5 at a job that is not in the area of your gifts, by all means spend time AFTER your job doing some of the things that DO inspire, motivate and use your talents.  Oftentimes, these are the creative aspects of your personality.   It will boost your morale and give you a new "lease on life".   The  5 habits listed above are suitable for men as well as women.  In a nutshell, they remind us to live in the present and within our means  that God has provided without complaining, helping us to stay content.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...