Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday: Last-Minute Company for Dinner

Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

After today's chores...I cleaned out a wall of garage bins this morning...my husband and sons had an outdoor project to work on...we all had lunch and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Half of the family took long naps. I was enjoying reading and watching reruns of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (I loved that old program) when my husband got a phone call at 4:00 p.m.---last-minute company is coming for dinner.

Having company and showing hospitality, even the last-minute kind, does not have to cause major stress, especially if you maintain your home regularly. The house was already clean. There was food in the frig and staples on hand. I quickly wiped the bathrooms and dusted a little. We're ready!

We're having a quick, simple supper but enjoying some time with old friends. What's on the menu?
  • Loaded baked potatoes (w. cheese, broccoli, sliced fajita beef, onions, sour cream), requested by my son for dinner tonight
  • Salad (they're bringing)
  • Fresh oatmeal cookies (coming out of the oven now)
  • Tomatoes & mozzarella cheese
  • Iced tea
Maintain your home a little each day and enjoy having friends over to visit, rather than having a simple social time turn into a nightmare.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...