Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FINANCES: Freecycle





Proverbs 22:9
He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.


There are both positive things and negative things about the internet. One positive is the benefit of finding great bargains. A friend of mine told me about Freecycle, one of Yahoo Groups for free-cycling trash to treasures, one item at a time. It is listed in ReUseIt Network/RIN's directory, an online forum for people to help each other and the environment. You are allowed to post items WANTED and OFFERED. Items must be free--no trading, buying or selling. Some people are quite generous with what they offer. By checking it regularly you can really find some good items you need at no cost. I've also seen postings called CURB ALERTS where people have put items in front of their homes, usually trash pick-up day, that are in good condition. It is a good way to donate/give items that are in good condition to someone specific who really needs them.

To view the site you have to join Yahoo which is free, then choose which city you want to belong to, which is also free. Be sure to adjust how you want to receive your messages. Due to the number of daily postings, I chose to not have them sent to my email address, but rather to just view the site myself when I'm interested. It's literally at your fingertips, so check it out. You can search for items by city or the name of the item.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...