Saturday, September 12, 2009

FUN: Reading Books


Proverbs 18:15
The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

I love to read. I read books about things I am interested in, things I want to learn, things I hear about and want more information, and then the scan-the-aisles-and-grab-whatever-I-can-carry books. I also check the best seller lists to see what the rest of the world is reading and sometimes check those out as well. We live about 3 minutes from our local library which I drive past at least 2x a week taking my son to his Spanish 2 class. The library calls my name each time I pass it. I can hardly help turning in and browsing the just-checked-in carts, the Dewey Decimal aisles that I favor, and then a quick stop at the bookstore on the first floor which sells books, magazines, CDs, etc for usually less than $1.00 each. Occasionally I'll pick up eBay sale items there as well. I'm pretty much a nerd about books although I rarely BUY any for myself unless it's a very good reference book. Mostly I check them out at the library and then I can have as many as I want just about any day of the week. :)

I ran in the library for about 45 minutes on Thursday. What did I take home this week? (If you want to see what any of these books is about, I'm sure you can find them at Amazon.com.)
  • The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
  • Table for Eight by Meagan Francis
  • Hiding in the Spotlight: a Musical Prodigy's Story of Survival, 1941-1946 by Greg Dawson
  • 500+ Time-saving Hints for Every Woman by Emilie Barnes
  • The eBay Business Handbook by Robert Pugh
  • What Will I Do With the Rest of My life? by Brenda Poinsett
  • Digital Scrapbooking by Maria Nerius
  • One Digital Day by Rick Smolan

My husband is out of town at a football game and my younger son is at a friend's house for the day... mmm.....a nice cup of coffee, the sofa and a few of these books will make a pleasant afternoon.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...