Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FAITH: When You _______, I Will Be With You




Isaiah 43:1-4
...“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
Since you are precious in My sight,
Since you are honored and I love you...

Some days the events on the news are just unbelievable. One that is occurring on Friday, September 25, is the Muslim Prayer Gathering on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. I'm not really opposed to them gathering, but the fact that President Obama endorsed Muslims to gather and pray during the Islamic fasting time of Ramadan AND NOT ENDORSING any prayer gatherings for the National Day of Prayer which was in May certainly shows his preferences.

The times in our beloved nation are getting darker in segments by the day it seems, especially in the Christian and economic realms. The verse above is comforting when we go through hard times, persecution and/or suffering. In many ways, we certainly deserve them.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...