Monday, September 14, 2009

FAMILY & FRIENDS: Creative Gifts for Friends





Philippians 1:3-4
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you...

We all have friends and acquaintances other than family that we would like to give small gifts to on their birthdays, Christmas or other special occasion. Women and girls tend to do this more than men or boys. In order to not go into the family budget I try to give something creative or handmade, but not too time-consuming. I love to take photos and people often send me nice ones as well since they know I enjoy editing and framing them. Often I'll make a simple gift of an enlargement print in a tasteful frame as a gift. We have an Old Time Pottery store AND a Bed Bath and Beyond about 2 minutes from our home where I often pick up attractive frames at deeply discounted prices. Picture prints range from 13 cents to $1.50 at the Sam's Club Digital Photo Center which is also nearby. A lovely gift with a personal touch for $5.00 or much less. Don't forget the card (I usually make these on our computer as well).

If you have another skill such as baking, calligraphy or flower arranging, these are much appreciated "homemade" gifts as well. Gift giving does not have to add financial stress. A small, thoughtful gift tells your friend that you cherish and love them.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...