Saturday, November 13, 2010

Variety is the Spice of Life / Table Settings

I love pretty dishes and cloth napkins.   One of the great wonders of the world must be how do cabinets stay mounted on the walls with the weight of all of our dishes?

My sweet friend, Amy,  bartered with me a month or so ago and converted a favorite round  tablecloth that I no longer had a table to fit,  into 8 napkins.  (I made some fresh ground whole wheat dough for pizza for her.)   I typically don't put up many fall decorations but just these fall napkins have brightened my table.  They go very nicely  with three different sets of everyday plates that I have  and just this one little change makes same old, same old appear new at the different meals of the day.  :)    I'll be using them until the day before Thanksgiving this year.


I  use these plates for breakfast and/or lunch.



And these two patterns for dinner.



Just a little bit of change adds some variety to family meals together and makes your family feel special.  :)

TIP:  I rarely use paper napkins anymore.   When shopping at stores or yard sales, be on the lookout for colors that go with what the dishes you already own.  It's a lot easier and less expensive  to replace napkins than dishes.    Always buy good linen or 100% cotton.


Proverbs 31:27 
She looks well to the ways of her household... 

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love your ideas Tonya, and I also love dishes and pretty table settings. Thanks for taking the pictures and giving us a visual of a pretty table setting that adds variety. I am very much in to glassware as well, and am trying to make the switch over to cloth napkins...just found the ironing bothersome for 100% cotton! Will be looking for wrinkle free...

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...