Sunday, November 21, 2010

Generosity /Tithing and Sacrificial Giving To Others / Africa



Our Sunday School lesson this morning focused quite a bit on practical ways to prepare for Sunday morning as well as on  giving to others...

Last summer I attended a Silent Auction to raise money to help a mission trip to Kenya, Africa where a group of adults and students in our church youth group were headed.  One of the items that I purchased was a beautiful diamond and gold cross pendant.  It ended up being only $20 which was a bargain, but not what the original owner had expected since it was donated to help raise funds.


I debated what to do with it for awhile and even considered giving it as a Christmas gift last year since I do not often wear necklaces myself.  I decided to list it in my Ebay store which I did in January.  I was so excited to let my friend know that it sold for $75.00 this past week.  Here is THE LINK to that listing.    There is another mission trip to Africa this coming summer but I am donating this amount toward the digging of a well in the village where they will be going.  The coffee that I also have listed on Ebay is being sold for the same purpose--to raise funds for the well.  

If  you have a specific charitable cause that you feel led to contribute to and are short of cash, consider selling something that you own in order to raise the funds needed, laying up for yourself treasures in heaven as Scripture says.  Just a thought...



Matthew 6:20 
But store up for yourselves atreasures in heaven, 
where neither moth nor rust destroys, 
and where thieves do not break in or steal...

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...