Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving Thanks 2010 Revisiting 2009 and Continuing / Thanksgiving for My Brother

My 25 days of Thanksgiving list continues...

9. I am thankful for the gift of my brother.

My post from 2009.

My brother and his wife visited this past weekend for his 35th high school reunion here in town.  Can it have been that long?  We had a great visit--this time for just a few hours each day Thursday through Sunday.  Since neither of us is ever at a loss for words, it was packed full.  He was able to see our mom one of those days and my older son at college as well.  We even had a surprise visit from one of his sons who is in the Marines and was in Florida visiting that same weekend!  What a blessing.  

Here we are in 1958.


And in 1973.


And when he first entered the U.S. Army after college.
Retired as a Captain.


(He's now on Wikipedia for an item he designed for the Abrams Tank at THIS LINK.)

Here we are in Florence on an officer and their wives tour of Southern Italy, 1985, I think.  I was able to go on this amazing trip because I was already in Germany visiting he and his family at the time.


I love these two photos of him with his grandson.  I especially like the one on the left since I have a photo of our dad fishing  with my older son when he was about this age.


Here with three of our four sons.



At his son's engagement party, Feb. 2012
(we clean up real nice)  :)

Tonya Travelstead



The previous post above says it all, but I'll say it again.  I love you, John.  I couldn't have asked for a dearer brother.

Philemon 4 
I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers...




1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow Tonya, what a beautiful tribute to your brother. I love looking at the photos through the years and what a blessing it is, in a day and age where siblings are estranged, to love one another like you two do!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...