Monday, November 1, 2010

Other Fun Foods to Make with Homemade Bread Dough

I've blogged a couple of times about making homemade bread using the recipe developed by my friend Gabriele.  Here is another fun food to make with the same dough.  

Here is the link to the original RECIPE where I introduced you to Gabriele.

Prepare the dough  as usual (1 hr. 30 min. cycle).  

Slice hot dogs in the portions you want.  For appetizers, I cut bun size hot dogs into thirds.  For full-size pigs in a blanket, keep them whole.
I left all the dough in the bread machine basket and brought it to the kitchen counter to work.  Take out  a small piece of dough for an appetizer.   You'll need a little bit more to cover an entire bun-size hot dog.  Just a thin layer, because when you bake it, it will enlarge.

Wrap the dough all the around or part way around the piece of meat.

Lay on a greased or non-stick baking sheet. They can be pretty close together.

The prep took about 15 minutes at the most.

Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  

I used all the dough (1 1/2 lb. loaf)   which made about 24 appetizers and 6 large hot dogs (pigs) in a blanket.



You could use just half of the dough for 1 dozen or so of the appetizers and the other half for a small pizza if you prefer since the cooking time is about the same.


This was a hit in our house and at a meeting where my husband took them for snacks.  :)  I'm sure there are lots of other fillings you could use for appetizers, savory or sweet.  Be creative and surprise your family tonight. :)

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...