Monday, November 8, 2010

Giving Thanks 2010 Revisiting 2009 and Continuing / Thanksgiving for Police & Law Enforcement

7. I am thankful for our local police and their presence in our city and neighborhood.


My post from last year.



Not everyone honors and respects the police or other law enforcement personnel like we do.  Just this week in our local news were two terrible incidents involving a policeman getting stabbed and another of a policeman being attacked after a routine traffic stop.   To my dismay, we and our children live in a more violent age now than when I was young.  

Being a policeman or woman is a noble profession, similar to that of the military in many ways.  In fact, I believe it is considered to be one of the Armed Forces.  The days of the Andy Griffith-type policeman are nearly passed, and they need to be so alert as things can change in an instance. Sometimes I think the new TV  shows and movies actually give ideas to criminals rather than try to deter them from the lives they have chosen.  Whatever the reason we should give honor and be thankful to those who serve and protect us on a day-to-day basis to make our homes and families ordered and safe.  I salute them.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...