Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks 2010 Revisiting 2009 and Continuing / Thanksgiving

With two birthdays, fun family outings, relatives coming this week, etc. I almost forgot about doing my  Thanksgiving list.  Thanks, Christen, for the reminder.  :)

Last year for each day in November, I posted something to be thankful for on this blog.  I'll keep the same list this year and add to it  as well.   Just as in December this year, there are 25 days before the holiday.  Can you think of something to be thankful for today?

As a family, maybe at dinnertime, keep a running list of what you are each thankful for.  It helps you take the focus off of yourselves and put it on  the Lord and His goodness to you.  A grateful heart is a blessing to everyone.

2009 Blog Post

1. Today I am thankful to be able to worship freely and openly without fear of persecution in our country.

Our church just had its first Reformation Day Remembrance last night, so this is fresh in my mind.  The determination and bravery of Martin Luther to hammer his famous 95 Theses to the door of Castle Church in Germany at great cost to himself is amazing to think about, even now, several hundred years later.   One particular verse in the Bible, Habakkuk 2:4b, penetrated his heart and motivated him to stand up for Truth.  May we all be like him in the areas of our lives where Scripture speaks. 


As we celebrate Thanksgiving later this month, let's also remember the Pilgrims who left Europe in order to be able to worship freely as well.  An excellent resource for teaching your children about this is Barbara Rainey's book Thanksgiving: A Time to Remember.  I read it to our children when they were young.








No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...