Friday, July 16, 2010

Women and Friends Girlfriends

I recently  saw the poster below in a gift shop.  I know what you're thinking--she takes her camera into gift shops?!  I carry my new one everywhere with me.  Actually, I didn't have it with me yesterday and MISSED what would have been an amazing shot of two large brown herons walking side by side down the street together!  That won't happen again.   My camera is  a slim one so it fits in my purse or in my hand without any trouble at all and takes great pictures.


Close Girl Friends.  I'm not talking about women that we know who are  simply acquaintances or hordes of friends, like on Facebook, in clubs, at church, etc. although those people are certainly enjoyable.  I mean a few REALLY good, close girl friends with whom you can just pick up the phone and chat, go to for advice, cry with, rejoice with... Sometimes these friends are long distance but when you see each other, it's as though you have never been apart.   I am blessed  to have a handful of these friends.    Did I say a handful?  A few is actually a heart full of them and I am so grateful for their friendships, for most of them, for 25 years or more.


Some people believe that your best friend should be your spouse and I agree that he should be your best friend as well, but no one man can fill the void or has the time or patience to hear everything on a woman's heart.  That's what the Lord loves to do for us (He has all the time we need) and why He provides us with close women friends.  Take advantage of this gift and start developing some girlfriends (if you don't have any close ones) or nurture  the one(s) you already have--older ones and younger ones alike.  Isolation can be a dangerous thing in more ways than one.   Good friends make your heart soar and will always lift you up in times of need.

Our culture breeds independence but in reality, a healthy well-balanced life (if you admit it) has a deep need for others to know us completely and love us dearly.













Proverbs 17:17 
A friend loves at all times, 
And a brother is born for adversity. 


Proverbs 18:24 
A man of too many friends comes to 1ruin,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. 















No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...