Monday, July 19, 2010

Free Online College Courses / Education / Homeschool

Since my husband and I are both 50+ (I won't say how much +)  :)   we belong to AARP. AARP is short for American Association of Retired Persons.  We do not agree with all of their politics but for $16.00 per year, their discounts, magazines and newsletters are a real bargain with truly a wealth of information in each.   Some people don't want to tell their age when they turn 50; I say, just take the discounts and benefits and run.

I was skimming through the AARP newspaper, AARP Bulletin, which is mailed to us every 2 months and found an article titled "99 Great Ways to Save".  Always looking for discounts and bargains, I started checking out some of the suggested sites online.  

One of the sites that I hit upon is at THIS LINK.  It is #14 on the list--Free online college courses.  Yale, MIT and Stanford are among dozens of  universities offering no-cost knowledge.    Here is a copy of some of what is on the page which could be very useful in these economic times for furthering your own personal learning or that of a student in your home. Check it out.  I will be bookmarking this for myself to revisit.

4.15.14 Note:  Due to AARP's political leanings, we no longer belong to this organization, however the links below are still excellent.






1 comment:

Mrs. T. said...

You're very welcome. However, due to the political leanings of AARP, we no longer belong to this site. The links are still excellent though.

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...