Saturday, July 17, 2010

Moms You've Got to Be Flexible / When Things Don't Go As Planned (the way you want)

I am one of the most organized people I know. Not bragging, but that's just how God made me.  I hate wasting time searching for things and feel claustrophobic when there's too much clutter.  I maintain a computer calendar synched with my iPod Touch, a wall calendar (which you may have read about previously), shopping lists, etc. so I can stay on top of things and plan ahead which gives me a sense of stability and control.   


From being a mom, from playing the piano at churches with a variety of worship leaders for 25+ years, from being married to a spontaneous husband who is the exact opposite of me, as well as homeschooling our two sons, I've also learned to be somewhat flexible  and to actually enjoy it (well, most of the time).  

For you Type-A personalities out there who love the lines of the box as well as your PDAs and calendars (like me), try not to stress out when things don't go as planned (translation: the way you want them to).  Instead, remember:





Isaiah 55:8-9 
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
So are My ways higher than your ways 
And My thoughts than your thoughts." 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 
There is an appointed time for everything. 
And there is a time for every event under heaven — 








Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans that I have for you,"
declares the LORD, 
"plans for welfare and not for calamity 
to give you a future and a hope." 

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...