Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Breakfast and a Walk in the Park / July 4th Weekend

My husband had Monday (after July 4) off from work so we went downtown  to have breakfast with his cousin and her husband.  Funny the things that you pass but normally don't notice. I tried to notice this morning...  :)  Here's some of what we saw.  It was an overcast morning, but noticing these brightened the time.  Pretty soon everyone was looking for things for me to photograph that THEY had not noticed before. :)

I have never noticed these fruit trees on Park Avenue. Have you?  We saw four of them. They are some type of plum. One shop owner said she's going to harvest them to make  jelly or jam  in the fall. :)


I have seen these fish before but not quite so many of them in the pond.




Lily Pulitzer Marketing Jeep parked across from the shop

The city emblem on the park benches


This is quite old, in front of Piazza Italia

I've never seen this barber pole before


The fountain has been cleaned and repainted


I have sat at these outdoor tables and had coffee but not noticed the colorful tiles on the  lower part of this fountain by Barnie's and the Antique Book Store.


What an interesting clock inside Restoration Hardware. 


Lots of heavy rain this week, so not too many blooms in the garden.
This one looks damaged from the rain.


New green grass in the updated side (north side) of the park.  We used to take our sons here when they were small to run around, picnic and/or watch the train come in.  
Sweet memories...





No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...