Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthdays, Milestones


Another birthday in our family. Mine was last week and today my younger son turned 15. You can do the math--yes, I was 39 when he was born. Two more years of high school, then college...can he be this old? Some memories never fade, like the day of his birth. As painful as the delivery was, to see his sweet little face when he was handed to me--well, you moms know exactly what I mean. This photo is my older son (5 years old at the time) holding him the morning after he was born. It is my joy to be the mother of two sons who are both walking with the Lord at ages 20 and 15. Training in godliness begins early and I pray often that they will never depart from it.

He and his dad are headed to our church men's retreat this afternoon through late Saturday. It will be his first MEN's Retreat, a milestone in the life of a young man...a Christian coming-of-age, so unlike that of our general culture. He and I were talking this week about how he and and brother are part of the next generation that could influence our wayward society, making wise choices for themselves and their families as they get older. I continue to pray that they will both grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man. Happy Birthday, Son. I love you.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...