Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birthdays

Today I turned 54 years old...it's starting out with flowers and cards and surprises and looks to be a lovely day. Time to reflect over the past years and look forward to the future at the same time. So far I've kept my commitment to not color my hair although with each day a few more grays are popping out like little cue balls (since my hair is so dark). We'll see... :)

Just for fun, here are a few photos of me-- at age 1 with my dear dad, age 16 (senior photograph for high school) and today at age 54.
.

Headed to Starbucks after lunch for my free birthday coffee! Chinese dinner with the family (minus one) later tonight. Saturday is Disney with my husband and another couple, then a jazz concert with my husband and older son that evening. It's more of a birthday week! :)

2 comments:

susieloulou said...

Hey! We are the same age, maybe we're twins! Well, ok, I was 54 in August. Your photos are beautiful! I haven't dyed either, but my brown is somewhat lighter so the contrast isn't too great. Not sure what I'll do when it shows more :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...