Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Handmade Gifts

1Thessalonians 4:11

...and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...


I absolutely love for my children and close friends to make me gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc. I have saved a few of my children's handmade items over the years as well as special items that friends have made for me. As my children have gotten older, these types of gifts are fewer and far between. For my birthday this year I had asked my college-aged son who loves to work with his hands to draw something for me instead of buying a gift. He actually did both but I was so delighted when he gave me this lovely card and 3-dimensional glass/wood piece of art that he designed and built. He finished it yesterday while he was here visiting. I have it setting on my piano and continue to be touched by the time and effort that went into this project.

Handmade gifts are cherished far longer than any store-bought item. I encourage you (and myself) to start working with your hands again to create something beautiful for someone you love.


No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...