Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Guests, Aloe Plant


Well, company's packed up and gone... what a fun time this week. Living for 20+ years with a family of men and boys makes you appreciate when another female stays with you. Lots of chatter and long girl talks plus we had another younger family over to last night for dinner to get to visit her as well... I think my husband almost fell asleep trying to keep us company while we talked for so long. :) Back to the routine for now.

One quick tip--I burned some fingers while making lasagne last night. I cleaned it well when it happened and at first it felt fine. After about 10 minutes it really started to become painful and throb. Thankfully, I have a large aloe plant in our front yard under the kitchen window. I threw some shoes on and went out and cut a long stem and put the gooey inside of the aloe on my fingers. The pain went away almost immediately. I reapplied maybe 2-3 more times and today only one of the fingers has a blister and it doesn't hurt a bit. Keep one of these in your kitchen or yard for emergencies. Although they're not particularly pretty plants, they are certainly useful and soothing for cuts, burns, abrasions. Someone even gave me a recipe for a drink that really works to ease bronchitis and coughs. When God made all the plants, this was one of the "very good" things He made.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...