Friday, October 23, 2009

Staying Motivated when Losing Weight


As you know, my husband and I started seriously working on fitness and weight in August. Since August 1 I've lost 9 lbs; he has lost 13 lbs. How to stay motivated? I saw the cutest commercial on TV last night with Valerie Bertinelli holding a huge pumpkin to illustrate the 40+ lbs. that she lost on Jenny Craig. I tried that for us tonight and got out our hand weights for examples of how much we have lost.

Here is mine (10 instead of 9 lbs.)--I didn't have a 1 lb. weight:
Here is my husband's: 13 lbs.
We each held the weights that represented what we had lost and were amazed that we had carried that extra poundage around with us in just the last couple of months. It was all we needed to help us stay on track. If you don't have handweights, I believe that a gallon of milk or water weighs 8.4 lbs. so a half gallon would be 4.2, a quart 2.1...Try this for yourself. You'll really want to stay on track with this handy visual aid.

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...