Thursday, October 1, 2009

FAMILY & FRIENDS: Girls' Night Out



This week we had two fun weekday evenings with friends. Tuesday night our family watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves with another couple, their kids two other high school boys and a single woman. Last night I was invited to a girls' night out with two of my friends to watch Anne of Avonlea, one of my all-time favorite movies. I never read the Anne of Green Gables books until I had children of my own and just love the stories. My husband and son have watched (endured) this very long movie with me once, but I know they don't enjoy it nearly as much as I do. We ladies made a whole evening out of it while our husbands were at a meeting. We had pizza, salad, ice cream & cookies... very simple, but comforting and had fun just being together crying at the touching moments with each other and watching Anne finally decide that she loved Gilbert. :)

I encourage all women to spend some time with each other apart from your husbands and families occasionally. Our men were not meant to meet all of our needs, so why put that excessive pressure on them? Hospitality can be easy and it's so enjoyable to spend a quiet evening in someone's home rather than battle the crowds at the theater. We do splurge occasionally and attend a new film, but I much prefer a home setting to watch movies and visit. It's more affordable and lends itself to more conversation in the long-run. Good, quiet times...

No comments:

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...