Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last Week of 2009, Year End


Another end of the year chore today will be to balance the last checkbook and pay the final bills and property taxes for 2009. I've got everything laid out to begin today. Final reports for school aren't due until January 7th but if I have time, I'll finish those as well. I also need to go to Walgreens and spend down our flexible health spending account. I usually estimate pretty close to what we need during the year but occasionally have a little left to spend. This year I have about $50 left so I'll stock up on cough drops, Tylenol, and basic medicine cabinet items. I also purchased a new wall calendar, the kind with BIG blocks and no pictures, for our kitchen. I need to transfer birthays and appointments onto that as well. I know...I have a computer calendar but this way, everyone in the family can write on the calendar and check dates as well.

This morning after walking I spent an hour or so going through our church's Silent Communion program. I had to practice a musical piece for that morning's offertory the day we did this at church and I had set it aside to be sure and do before the New Year began. It was a nice long quiet time of praise and prayer for everyone in our church family.

1 comment:

susieloulou said...

Silent Communion - never heard of it. Will have to google - google knows all!

Parsley "Tea": A Natural Diuretic

Parsley "Tea" I was walking with my daughter-in-law this morning and thought I had posted about this here... such a great tip when...